This is an ultra easy cake recipe. Starting with a prepared cake mix as the base of this delicious cake makes it quick to prepare.
The fruity flavors in the cake make this a great choice for a summer get-together. Who doesn't like the fresh and luscious flavors of apricot, lemon and pineapple? Combine them for this dessert recipe and there will be a lot of happy tastebuds. It is a moist and flavorful cake.
This lightly glazed cake is a great dessert, snack food and even an almost healthy, albeit indulgent, breakfast treat.
Apricot Delight Cake
- 1 box (16.5 ounces) store-bought yellow cake mix, like Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker
- 4 eggs, well-beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar (found with canned juices or in international aisle; Goya is a popular and easy to find brand)
- 3 teaspoons lemon flavoring/extract
- 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, sweetened or in its own juice, including juice
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- Grease and flour a tube or bundt pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, cake mix, eggs, oil, apricot nectar, lemon flavoring and pineapple. Be sure to add in all the juice from the canned pineapple; dump in the entire can contents.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake is lightly browned and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven to wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes before glazing with all but 1/2 cup glaze.
- Turn cake onto serving dish when completely cooled. Drizzle with remaining glaze.
- Mix confectioners sugar and lemon juice together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour glaze (all but 1/2 cup) over cake while it is still in the tube pan. Save 1/2 cup of glaze for the top of the cake after it is removed from the pan.
Serves 8 to 10.