First of all, before you officially apply to the Art Center College of Design, an admissions counselor would like to meet with you. The meeting is not a formal admissions requirement but a way to get help with your portfolio presentation which is major-specific. There are 11 majors offered, so you need to choose a major before applying.
General application requirements for Art Center College of Design
1. Complete the application of admissions online. The application asks for basic information about you and your past experiences. You are also required you to write 2 essays. You can find the essay questions on the online application.
2. Pay a non-refundable fee of $50.
3. Submit transcripts. Send your official high school or college transcripts directly to the admissions office.
4. Submit SAT or ACT or TOEFL scores.These official test scores are required if you are applying out of high school and should be sent directly to the admissions office from the issuing agency.
5. Submit portfolio. The Art Center does not accept general portfolios. Each major has very specific requirements. These requirements are listed on the Art Center website.
Your portfolio is the most important step in the application process. It is important that you submit your best work. Good luck!!!