Autumn weather has begun, and with that comes the desire for more substantial meals. This stuffing recipe is easy and highlights autumn produce, and is delicious served with pork tenderloin or grilled chicken.
Apple, walnut and cranberry stuffing
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped fine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 ounces breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces walnut pieces
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 4 ounces vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Sweat onions in pan with oil over low heat, soften but do not allow to change color.
Add apples, cook 1 minute.
Stir in breadcrumbs, cook 1 minute.
Add beaten egg and remaining ingredients.
Combine well, then spoon into shallow ovenproof dish.
Bake 350 F. for 30 minutes, or until golden.