See also:

Apple to unveil iOS 5 and iPad 2 March 2.

What will the new iOS 5 and iPad 2 feature
What will the new iOS 5 and iPad 2 feature
Creative Commons

Comments

Gizmodo bought the iPhone 4 prototype, not Engadget.

The next version of iOS is 4.3 not 5.0. You could have just looked at the developer betas available now to confirm. Are there any real journalists left?

• Nate 4 years ago

Gizmodo and Engadget are not the same site. Next version of iOS is 4.3. Next major version release is 5.0. Poorly written article all around.

Also most legitimate sources unlike this one have confirmed that there will not be an update screen resolution. Honestly?

Forever Alone!

• Profile picture of Anthony Lifrieri
    Anthony Lifrieri 4 years ago

Oh I bg to differ gentlemen. Firstly, the wrong link was posted, which I just corrected. Engadget had one too, and it was before Gizmodo's.

We all know 4.3 is coming out in the immediate future, but this will showcase the iOS 5 for the next generation of iDevices. Nice try though...

• Jess 4 years ago

Nice article and good info. I'll be getting the new iPad.

Amazing. A new processor. I almost passed out from sheer exhuberation. What's next? A 28% increase in the product's tensile strength? Sign me up!

• Getafe 4 years ago

A load of lies... 4.3 will be out soon with all this "ATVGames"... I wanna know what that means. iOS5 I think will be released about June, July with the iPhone 5

• Profile picture of Anthony Lifrieri
    Anthony Lifrieri 4 years ago

Getafe, I agree with you, and that's what I meant in the article. The iOS 5 will come out either with the iPhone 5 or iPad 2 launch.

• Michael Bairstow 4 years ago

To Quote Charlie Brown...Good Grief..As a previous commentator stated the next IOS version won't be 5.0. How on earth can you say say "commonly know as 5.0" when Apple have not even discussed it. Stop the rumour mongering and just wait.. After they announce the. We can make some incisive comments.

Cant wait for ios5!!!

This article is just like most other web media sites. Nothing he reported was original. Don't be so hard on him.

Apple does often preview major upgrades to their operating systems several months in advance. The may preview iOS5 on Wed. They previewed Mac OS Lion last Oct and it won't come out till summer.

We won't likely see a higher resolution screen but every rumor is just that a rumor until Apple speaks.