So much happened today during Apple’s presentation, that it’s really hard to begin explaining everything. Here are some of the highlights.
To begin with, Apple’s mission seems to be to lower prices on older, but still available devices, keep prices stable for new purchases, and offer many new apps for free. In addition, the computers/laptops they launched at their presentation will be available today.
All new MAC computers/laptops will come with their new OS, Mavericks, pre-installed. Two of its features will be to extend battery life and also compress memory, making space for extra data.
Owners with devices that run OS 10 will be able to download Mavericks, for free, through Apple’s App Store today. This new OS looks incredible. For more information regarding Mavericks, please click:
Apple is also launching their new iPad, the iPad Air. It’s lighter, smaller, thinner, and above all, faster. It will be available for purchase and on-line ordering on November 1, just in time for the holidays.
What do you have to look forward to if you decide to upgrade to the iPad Air? Here are some of the highlights:
- Pricing - WiFi Only: 16 GB $499; 32 GB $599; 64 GB $699; 128 GB $799
- Pricing - WiFi + Cellular: 16 GB $629; 32 GB $729; 64 GB $829; 128 GB $929
- comes with iOS 7
- weighs only one pound
- has dimensions of 9.4 inches X 6.6 inches X .29 inches
- has an advanced multi-touch display
- includes fingerprint-resistant coating
- boasts a 5 mega-pixel camera with HDR photos
- offers video recording with 3X zoom and 1080p HD
- includes dual microphones
- has Apple’s lightening connector for charging
- boasts 9-10 hours of battery life, depending on how you use the device
- offers free apps for you to download, including Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- . . . and much more
For more information regarding the up and coming iPad Air please go to: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-ipad/ipad-air
The new iPad mini retina display will be available later in November, with a starting price of $399. For additional information, please click: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-ipad/ipad-mini-retina
Older model iPads will be available at reduced prices:
- iPad 2: 16 GB WiFi $399 and 16 GB WiFi + Cellular $529
- iPad mini: 16 GB WiFi $299 and 16 GB WiFi + Cellular $429.
The keynote presentation will give you so much information, and was incredible. Here is the link: http://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2013/
I’m actually excited. I’ll be publishing more information regarding retail purchasing and on-line ordering for the iPad Air and the iPad mini retina display when they become available; so please stay tuned. I’m due for an iPad upgrade, and will be ordering my iPad Air, on-line, on November 1.