Going on month 3 of using my new Samsung tablet. As you may recall, I decided to take the plunge into the tablet world and add this device to my electronics collection. So far, so good; I like going to the tablet instead of my iPhone for web surfing, checking email, listening to audio books, and even playing a few games.
The main reason why this is so is mainly due to the larger display, and it’s just more functional, especially since I have added a very nice case to carry it in, which also has a keyboard. Being able to grab it and go, and throw it into a purse or tote bag is a big plus too.
Now for some of the not so good points. One, about a week ago, I noticed that I wasn’t able to access some apps and that my internet connection seemed to not be working. Then, I get a message from my service provider that I have reached my data usage limit! I could either upgrade my plan, or wait approximately one week until my next billing period starts. Are you kidding me?
Well, because of the simple fact that I had just added hanother phone to my present bill, and I considered the tablet acquisition a want and not a necessity, I decided to wait out the time. No worries. Actually, having to wait the week turned out to be a good thing; I was forced to put away yet another gadget that was sometimes taking up my time from doing better and other things! Maybe that’s telling us all something, right?
So, my week was up 2 days ago, and I’m back on my tablet, but not as eager as before. I then continue to make tablet represent the apps that I had on my iPhone, but find that this is not such an easy task, which brings me to my second not so good point. Some key apps that I had on my iPhone weren’t able to be duplicated on my Android tablet; the same apps just weren’t available from the Play Store. Therefore, I had to try to find other comparable apps, one being a writer’s app which was a bit of a disappointment since I am a writer.
I’m sure that I will figure out how to get around using some of my productivity apps, and I have actually figured out a problem already, which will basically require me to try to synch the work on one writing app to another…it will involve some ingenuity and the creation of a Dropbox account. You know what the old saying is, where there’s a will, there’s a way.
For the last not so good point: the new costs and charges on my cell phone bill. So far, not so bad, but it’s just the first billing cycle, which had some prorated costs. Only time will tell for next month, but in the meantime, and in the interest of budgetary considerations, I think I will work to reduce my data usage in the coming weeks!