The Village of Long Grove presents the popular autumn celebration, The 21st Annual Apple Fest, on the final weekend of Sept., Fri.-Sun., Sept/ 28-29, 2013. Apple Fest is an event in the historic Village of Long Grove, in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago.
The festival offers activities for the whole family including pony rides, kiddie rides and face painting. The apple themed festival offers the healthful fruit and the many delicious treats that can be made from the fall fruit. Local restaurants and specialty shops create the apple-inspired treats for the enjoyment of the entire family.
Entertainment and live music is available on small stages set throughout the village. The musical entertainment is almost constant and the festival attendees are free to stroll from stage to stage during their visit.
Long Grove's Village Tavern is running their Oktoberfest, which will be open for the weekend. The tavern has an outdoor beer tent and offers outdoor dining for the weekend. Brock & Adams play at The Village Tavern on Sat. (6:30-10 p.m.), Roger Pauly plays at the tavern on Sun. (5-9 p.m.).
Admission to Apple Festival is $5 for adults and free for children 12 and under.
- Arlington Park must pay out big dollar jackpot of over 700K today
- Oktoberfest celebrations in Chicago area final weekend of Sept.
- Country and farm festivals playing in the Chicago area final weekend of Sept.
- Huntley Fall Fest for family fun final weekend of Sept.
- Libertyville Oktoberfest under the big top
- German Oktoberfest in Milwaukee four weekends after Labor Day