Below is a fantastic crop of apple books to share with children. As educational tools, for an apple study or just for enjoyment. So pour a glass of apple juice, crunch an apple and discover a new apple book.
Apples by Jacqueline Farmer is a wonderful resource for children, teachers and homeschooling parents. Packed full of detail about how they are grown, where they came from originally, varieties and more. A great study about of apples.
Apple Cider-Making Days by Ann Purnell is a delightful book which explains the process of making apple cider. From picking the apples on Grandpa’s farm to sorting out the good ones to sell and the bad ones to press, to selling it simply covers the details for a young children. Aunts, uncles, cousins and more work side by side.
Apple Picking Time by Michele Benoit Slawson is a beautiful book about picking apples in an orchard. Your child will drift back in time when a whole community would come to a stand still for apple picking Anna works hard in the orchard alongside her parents and grandparents.
The Apple Pie That Papa Baked by Lauren Thompson has a retro look to the illustrations however it was published 2007. Uniquely this story works backwards from pie to the apples, the tree, the roots... It shows how everything in nature is dependent on other elements and can’t work alone.
Apples, Apples, Apples by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace explains apple facts, the different kinds of apples and each are used for different things. Each member of the family is using their apples for different purposes.
Apple Farmer Annie by Monica Wellington is about an apple orchard. Additional lesson are placed throughout for example: on the page about sorting and classifying, there are apples to count 1-10, and sorted by colors.
Additional Apple Books:
· Bad Apple: A Tale of Friendship by Edward Hemingway
· Apples and Pumpkins by Anne Rockwell and Lizzy Rockwell
· The Biggest Apple Ever by Steven Kroll and Jeni Bassett
· How Do Apples Grow? by Betsy Maestro and Giulio Maestro
· The Apple Pie Tree by Zoe Hall and Shari Halpern
· Apples, Apples, Apples by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
· Apples by Gail Gibbons
· Apples, Apples Everywhere!: Learning About Apple Harvests (Autumn) by Robin Koontz and Nadine Rita Takvorian
· Apple Fractions by Jerry Pallotta and Rob Bolster
· Ten Red Apples by Pat Hutchins
More parenting tips: