Pairing fruits in a smoothie is an easy way to get a boost of nutrients into your morning or afternoon routine. Using apples is a good choice. Keep the peel on this fruit for an extra, good for you treat. Add ice rather than water on a particularly hot day.
1 small banana, peeled and cut into chunks
1 small apple, cored and sliced
1 small container of plain or vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup of water
- Place the fruit in the blender.
- Scoop the yogurt over the fruit.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and pulse, adding more water if necessary to get the wanted consistency.
- Add a handful of berries for a different flavor.
- Serve this smoothie for breakfast alongside a bowl of hot oatmeal and bacon strips.
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by leaving a comment here.