I have had my iPad only about 3 months. I love it. Sure there are a few things that probably should have been there in the start, but it is still awesome. I was excited to hear about what Apple is offering up as the iPad 2 during today's press conference.
I can honestly say that while the new iPad sounds really awesome, there was nothing that wowed me to the point of wanting to upgrade my current iPad to the new model right away. Yes, it looks really nice. But I did not have the overwhelmed WOW!!! feeling that I usually get after one of those press conferences.
So what is all the hype about? The specs of the iPad 2 do sound great. There are many improvements, some design changes, and a new look. Here are the specs:
- 1Ghz Dual-core A5 processor
- The body is 33% thinner than the previous model
- Front-facing camera for FaceTime video conferencing + Photo Booth
- Back camera (no resolution is listed on the site) which does photos, video recording, 720p HD video, and 5x digital zoom
- Same awesome 10-hour battery - I have to say this is what has most impressed me with my iPad. The battery is outstanding. I charge every few days.
- Three-axis gyro
- Ambient light sensor
- Available in both black and white
If you do not already have an iPad of course this is awesome and I say go for it. Already have version 1? You might just want to wait for iPad 3 to see if something profound happens. :) Of course some of us will run right out and stand in line on release date, and that's fine too. :)
The iPad 2 will be available online and in Apple stores on March 11, 2011. Prices are the same as the first version.
- 16gb WiFi - $499
- 32gb WiFi - $599
- 64gb WiFi - $699
- 16gb WiFi + 3G = $629
- 32gb WiFi + 3G = $729
- 64gb WiFi + 3G = $829
Do you want one?