This winter has had some unprecedented lows: temperatures that is, and unfortunately one of the first things to suffer from the drop is our skin. It’s especially important to keep our ‘armour’ hydrated in these cold months by drinking water, moisturizing & exfoliating, eating healthy and limiting exposure to the elements. If all else fails (because, let’s be honest who’s drinking 60oz of water every day?)-moisturize! And if you can’t afford that exotic getaway to Greece, you can at least try some of their great skin products to combat those winter blues.
Founded by two pharmacists who not only agreed on the importance of nature as a medicinal resource but on each other (they married years later in the pharmacy where they met) Apivita, which signifies ‘life of the bee’, was established upon three major principles: the bee and honey’s healing properties, Greek nature and Hippocrates’ Holistic approach. All of the products featured in the Apivita line are made from natural ingredients, which are mainly sourced from the 5,500 herbs available in Greek nature and their packaging is produced with recycled and recyclable materials.
With more than 30 years of experience and research under their belt, they have created products that address three very important categories: the face, body and hair. Of the many great products featured in the line, below are a couple of stand outs that are perfect for daily skin routines:
- Creamy Face & Eye Foam Cleanser with Olive and Lavender ($20): After a long day at work or even first thing in the morning, it’s important to cleanse the skin of impurities. The creamy face & eye foam cleanser removes dirt and make up from the face (a great two in one!) without drying the skin excessively. The olive component helps moisturize while lavender does its job to soothe the skin.
- Face Scrub with Apricot ($17): Exfoliating is key to remove dead skin cells found on the skin’s surface; this face scrub is gentle enough for all skin types and once removed, leaves skin looking healthy with a visible glow.
- Face Mask with green clay ($17): Masks are a great way to repair damaged skin especially one containing green tea which has been proven to be one of nature’s greatest antioxidants.Apivita’s mask cleans deeply and dries quickly for those days when you’re crunched on time; it removes excess oil and dirt while tightening your pores. Once removed, skin feels refreshed and soft.
REPAIR & MOISTURIZE
- Natural Serum Hydration with Aloe & Hyaluronic Acid ($40): If there’s one product to investfrom the Apivita line- it’s this one. The components in the serum instantly increases skin moisture and helps maintain the skin hydrated even after 24 hours! You can thank the aloe, hyaluronic acid (helps lubricate connective tissue in the skin), honey and chaste tree components for that.
- Aqua Vita 24 Hour Moisturizing Cream ($39): Every girl (and guy) needs to have a go-to moisturizer to keep skin hydrated throughout the day; it’s also crucial before applying makeup as it helps settle skin. The Aqua Vita Moisturizing Cream retains deep 24 hour moisture and helps regulate oiliness; for oily/combination skin. True to the company’s holistic promise, this cream revitalizes both the skin and the wearer’s mood.
Fun fact: The skin is the largest organ of the body!
You can learn more about the brand’s interesting history through their US website Apivita.com in addition to purchasing their products; you can also buy Apivita items through Sephora.com and select Dillard’s stores.