Antiqua's chic Carlisle Bay amps up activities from sailing to sundowning on the jettyJet-setter snowbirds heading to Antiqua's Carlisle Bay will find new fun-packed waiting as the hotel amps up amenities with new heart-pounding adventures for guests to enjoy.
Here's a sneak preview of what to expect:
- Learn to Sail: Set sail with Carlisle Bay and Ondeck Sailing for a three-day Royal Yacht Association sailing course. Rates start from $1,020 for two sharing a Garden Suite.
- Sundown on the jetty: Toast the day with sunset cocktails at Carlisle Bay’s hottest new bar – it’s waterfront jetty! Sip rum punch and other Caribbean cocktails beside a beach bonfire, the perfect way to kick off an unforgettable evening or end a day on the beach.
- Children’s Hosted Evenings: Kids can now enjoy complimentary dinners and entertainment, offered two nights per week from 5-10 pm and coordinated by Carlisle Bay’s attentive staff. Meanwhile, parents can relax with a romantic dinner at Indigo on the Beach or at contemporary restaurant East, serving an eclectic and exotic mix of Indonesian, Thai and Japanese cuisine.
- Cades Reef Castaway: Join a group of up to five hobie cats (for 2 or 4 people each) on an open water sailing trip to beautiful Morris Bay and Cades Reef. Led by an instructor, this regular trip is a fun way to venture outside the bay and experience Antigua’s turquoise waters firsthand.
- Bubblemakers: Kids eight and older can get their feet wet with a fun introduction to SCUBA diving in Carlisle Bay’s pool, under the direct supervision of a PADI dive instructor.
- Hobie Races: Get competitive with new weekly hobie races around the bay. Following a pre-set course, it’s a great excuse to get practicing during the week!
- Dolce Antigua: Italy’s best oven baked dishes and desserts are served at Carlisle Bay’s Ottimo! restaurant. Known for its homemade pizza and Italian favorites by day, the popular poolside venue will now whip up fabulous oven baked dishes and Italian desserts by night.
- Complimentary Cocktails: Toast with fellow guests and new friends at the Pavilion Bar on Mondays to sample hosted tastings of new creations.
About Carlisle Bay
Carlisle Bay is located on a secluded cove on Antigua’s idyllic South coast, surrounded by lush rainforest, white sand and the pristine Caribbean Sea. Part of the exclusive Gordon Campbell Gray hotel portfolio, the property seamlessly blends urban chic and Caribbean charm with 82 calm, contemporary designed luxury suites, each with private balcony or terrace leading directly to the shore. Carlisle Bay’s activities showcase its beautiful setting, including water sports, world-class sailing, guided rainforest treks, tennis on nine courts and a state-of-the-art gym. Families are especially welcome, with specialized activity programs designed exclusively for kids and teens. The property features an ultra-chic library outfitted with funky fiber-optic lighting, a 42-seat screening room (the first in the Caribbean), three outstanding restaurants and the spectacular 17,000-square-foot Blue Spa. (www.campbellgrayhotels.com).