Below are the top ten best selling books for the week ending January 18, 2013, at Antigone Books, an independent Tucson bookstore.
1. Flight Behavior: A Novel by Barbara Kingsolver - This novel is about a farm wife discovering what appears to be a lake of fire.
2. Queen of America: A Novel by Luis Alberto Urrea - This is a sequel to the The Hummingbird's Daughter.
3. How to Tell if Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You by The Oatmeal and Matthew Inman - This book features cat jokes and comics.
4. Food Lovers' Guide to Tucson: The Best Restaurants, Markets & Local Culinary Offerings by Mary Paganelli Votto - This book provides information on great local food finds.
5. Chocolate Nations: Living and Dying for Cocoa in West Africa by Orla Ryan - This book is about cocoa farming in West Africa.
6. Apocalyptic Planet: Field Guide to the Everending Earth by Craig Childs - This book discusses the earth's ever changing nature.
7. A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson - This is the 14th and final book in the Wheel of Time series.
8. Spontaneous Happiness: A New Path to Emotional Well-Being by Andrew Weil - This book presents techniques for living a happier life including lifestyle, behavior, and diet changes.
9. Religion for Atheists: A Non-Believer's Guide to the Uses of Religion by Alain de Botton - This book is about good ideas that even non-believers might find useful.
10. Boom, Bust, Boom: A Story About Copper, the Metal That Runs the World by Bill Carter - This book is about the history of copper mining and the effects of it.