This is an Anti-Bullying role-play appropriate for grades 2 to 7. It is based on the story called “JoJo and the three Bully B’s.”
Visit this page to get the link to the PDF file for the scripted role-play to print for classroom use.
- Click this link to read Sections 1-5 of Anti-Bullying lesson plan: JoJo and the three Bully B’s
Section 6: Act out Anti-Bullying role-play: JoJo and the three Bully B’s
A. Students participate in scripted role-play called “JoJo and the three Bully B’s.”
Story Description: Fourth-grader JoJo has become the victim of bullying by the sixth-grade gang known as the Bully B’s: Bob, Bo, and Bill. JoJo’s mission is to discover a way to deal with them in a positive manner before they decide to beat him up again.
- Link to anti-bullying tale for grades 2 to 7 called: JoJo and the 3 Bully B’s
B. Teacher Says or Asks: We will now act out the role-play based on the last story you just heard called “JoJo and the three Bully B’s.”
The role-play features six guy actors: JoJo, Tommy, Bully Bo, Bully Bill, Bully Bob, and Tommy’s uncle.
The role-play also features four girl actors: JoJo’s mother, Tommy’s mother, a Math Lab Teacher, and one person representing Other Kids & Teachers.
JoJo, Tommy, Bully Bo, Bully Bill, and Bully Bob have big parts. JoJo’s mother and Tommy’s uncle have a medium-size part. The Math Lab Teacher, Tommy’s mother, and the one person representing Other Kids & Teachers have small parts.
The rest of the class will take turns reading the parts of Narrator 1 and Narrator 2.
Who is interested in playing these roles? (Either pull names or accept eager student volunteers.)
C. PDF File – Print about 10 copies for students to share of this scripted anti-bullying role-play for grades 2 to 7 called “JoJo and the three Bully B’s.”
- Click link: JoJo and the three Bully B’s role-play
- The idea for the tale about peanut butter getting stuck on the roof of your mouth is one I learned from Dr. Flora Joy, my storytelling professor, during my 1988 graduate level Storytelling class at ETSU.
- The idea for Divide and Conquer came from a former Home Depot ad.
- The story about a man falling backward into a cow patty while squirrel hunting actually happened to the father of a friend of mine.
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org