There's nothing more pampering you can do at home than give yourself a relaxing facial. I look forward to carving out a bit of "me" time to do this. It's important. I don't know about you, but life can be hectic at times time and we're always doing things for others and neglecting ourselves. Maybe you're too tired after ta long day to remove your makeup. Perhaps your children have been up all night with colds and you're sleep deprived. Whatever is causing you stress can also have an impact on skin aging, so facials are crucial.
You can give yourself a professional quality facial at home with my simple tips.
Let's Get Started!
1. Start with a clean slate. This means you'll need to remove all traces of makeup. Even if you don't wear makeup, you need a good facial cleansing. I like all natural oils to remove my eye makeup and stubborn mascara. Stay away from petrochemicals like mineral oil and use a high quality oil. After removing makeup, cleanse with a gentle cleanser. I recommend ZENMED Facial Cleansing Gel.
2. The second step is to exfoliate your skin. This is such an important, yet overlooked, step. Exfoliation is crucial. You need to slough off dead skin cells and help encourage cell turnover. Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser, a sugar-based scrub, is just lovely and will do a proper job sloughing off dead skin without it being too harsh. I only use this once a week, though, as I use an exfoliating toner and do not want to over do it!
3. Now you'll gently steam the skin. I fill my tea kettle with boiling water and then pour it into my sink. Add some cool water. Now, create a tent with a towel and stand with your face about a foot over the water. Let the steam seep into your pores. Do not let the water touch the skin and be careful. I steam my skin for about five minutes.
5. Next up is a toner. Toners help restore skin's pH and also help treatment products to absorb even more into the skin. I do not use a standard "toner". You need to change things up as you age and I use an exfoliating treatment toner featuring alpha and beta hydroxy acids - the ZENMED AHA/BHA Complex.
6. Apply a gentle facial cream all over. ZENMED AVT Cream is packed with beneficial ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, as well as Vitamins A, C, E, and D3 to make your skin feel and look refreshed and radiant.