Human resources professionals charged with hiring new talent have learned some questions work better than others. The most popular questions asked are part of a style known as “behavioral interviewing” which was developed in Detroit by a team at the University of Michigan.
This is where questions such as, “Tell me about a time . . .”
Now a book is available that examines the best way to answer the most commonly asked interview questions. Matthew J. DeLuca, president of Management Resource Group, Inc. and director of Human Resources for Titan Sports, Inc. compile these answers in his book, Best Answers to the 201 Most Frequently Asked Interview Questions.
The book is an exception piece allowing you to prepare for interviews with confidence. DeLuca reveals the secret agenda behind every kind of question interviewers ask, and prepares you to answer them all. Never again be at loss for words when an interviewer hits you with an icebreaker, thought provoker, curve ball, stress tester, and even an illegal question that should not be asked but needs an answer.
Other articles and white papers of interest:
- Additional job search tips– home page for several articles
- Grow your resume– educational, certification, and other ways to enhance your resume
- Job search myths– a series separating myths from reality for job seekers.
- Management styles- three types.
- Corporate structures- from entrepreneur to conglomerate.
Top advice during your job search
- How to Find a Job: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions.
- Your Social Media Job Search: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!