The entire Duggar family from TLC’s hit series “19 Kids and Counting” appeared on “Today” on March 11 to talk about the upcoming new season and to make a big announcement. “We’re expecting!” Anna Duggar said excitedly on Monday morning. Josh revealed that their third child is due on June 7. “We’re very excited,” he stated. The new baby will join big sister Mackynzie, who turned three in October, and Michael, who will celebrate his second birthday in June.
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar also talked about the March 12 premiere of “Duggars Do Asia,” a three-part special that chronicles their trip to Japan and China. “It was the trip of a lifetime,” Jim Bob said. The cameras caught all the action, including their 14-hour overseas flight. “It was long, but everyone worked together to make it happen,” Jim Bob explained. Josh Duggar stated, “It really was a well-organized machine. The logistics were really insane.” Mom Michelle said that people recognized them and would touch her children’s blond hair, a rare sight in Asia. “It was unusual,” the mother of 19 said on “Today.” Johanna Duggar claimed her favorite part of the trip was the clothes, while Jackson loved Samurai fighting.
The Duggar family traveled to Japan and China last year and their big adventure will be chronicled in a new three-part special that beginns on Tuesday, March 12. The one-hour episodes will show the Duggars experiencing foreign cultures very different from their own. From experimenting with native food and riding rickshaws to donning traditional Geisha dress and fighting as Samurai, the Duggars are up for it all. While things may get lost in the translation, and they often feel like fish out of water, the Duggars make memories of a lifetime. All three episodes will air from 9-10 p.m. EST and PST.
- “Duggars Do Asia: Tokyo, Japan”: After wrangling 40 suitcases at the airport, the Duggars head out on a trip of a lifetime and their first stop is Tokyo. Tuesday, March 12.
- “Duggars Do Asia: Kyoto, Japan”: The Duggars take part in a Master Goldfish Catcher competition, then make their way to Kyoto, the second stop on their overseas adventure. Tuesday, March 19.
- “Duggars Do Asia: Beijing, China”: The Duggars navigate the city and visit Tiananmen Square, the Great Wall of China and a local village. Tuesday, March 26.
After Anna and Josh made their big announcement on Monday, fans immediately sent congratulatory messages via social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter. Below are a few Facebook posts from March 11.
- “What wonderful news! God is amazing.” – Erika Sadler
- “Such wonderful news!” – Debbie Price Pitzer
- “Congratulations. Praying for health and happiness for your family.” – Leanda Sanford Spears
- “Beautiful little family! Congrats to all of you.” – Katie Zich Kiser
- “I’m happy for you and the blessings God is giving out in your lives.” – Patti A. Nolen Stuber
More about the Duggar family from "19 Kids & Counting"
The super-sized Duggar family includes mom Michelle, dad Jim Bob, plus children Joshua, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jeremiah, Jedidiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie. The family resides debt-free in Arkansas and stars in a weekly reality TV series called "19 Kids & Counting."
Do you love the Duggars? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you'll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite super-sized family.