On Sunday's edition of Fox News Sunday, Ann Romney, wife of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, blamed the media, in part, for her husband's election loss, saying that he was "not given a fair shake." Twitchy said Sunday that liberals on Twitter responded to her comments with hate.
“I’m happy to blame the media,” she told Chris Wallace.
“Do you think the media was in the tank for Barack Obama?” Wallace asked.
“Anytime you’re running for office, you always think you’re being portrayed unfairly,” she said. “And of course on our side, we believe that there’s more bias in favor of the other side. I think that’s a pretty universally felt opinion.”
There are a number of reasons why Romney lost the election, but, Twitchy said, "Obama cheerleaders in the media certainly didn’t help matters with their incredibly biased and, at times, outright deceptive reporting."
The media coverage of the RNC convention, for example, was compared to the Soviet-era Pravda, and election coverage became so biased that former Democratic strategist Pat Caddell warned that the media had become, for all practical purposes, the "enemy of the American people" and a "threat" to American democracy.
Liberals on Twitter responded to Romney's comments with the same hate they exhibited during the campaign.
"I see Ann Romney is still being a whiny rich-a** bi**h. I'm so glad she's not the First Lady right now," one person said.
Video of her comments can be seen here.
- Media silent as liberals on Twitter call for Ann Romney's death
- Liberal hate on display at Twitter: Ann Romney called cruel obscenities
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Newsweek contributor compares Ann Romney to Hitler, Stalin on Mother's Day
- Media coverage of RNC convention compared to Soviet-era Pravda, Hugo Chavez
- American Pie actor attacks Ann Romney, Janna Ryan with misogynistic tweets