Animal rights activists claim to be responsible for the fire started around 5am Monday morning at a fur and fireworks retailer in Caldwell, Idaho.
Shortly after the fire was started, Jerry Vlasek, MD from the North American Animal Liberation Press Office received the following message from an animal rights group calling themselves “The Arson Unit”.
"In the early morning hours of September 26th, a visit was paid to the Rocky Mountain Firework & Fur Company, a shop that (quite foolishly) sells both highly flammable and explosive toys, and the chemically-treated skins of thousands of tortured animals (among some other nasty things, like trapping supplies). A hole was drilled into their storage space, and several gallons of fuel were pumped through, as well as multiple other charges being set beneath an adjoining structure. Ignition devices were set to finish up our work, once we were safely on our way. By oppressing innocent life, you’ve lost your rights. We’ve come to take you down a notch. Stay in business, and we’ll be back.
Yours truly,“The Arson Unit”
Despite the flammable contents of the store, there were no injuries and the fire was quickly contained. According to a local fire official, the store that sells animal un-friendly items such as beaver drowners, animal traps and accessories, skinning and fleshing tools, knives, pelts and fireworks sustained minimal damage due to the fire.