Tammy, a top San Fernando, California hair stylist already has two trips booked to Cape Cod this summer. Other friends are going to Memorial Day and some for the Fourth of July. Seems the quaint and inviting resort area has captured the hearts of Angelenos who don’t mind a five-hour flight to Boston and the 60-minutes driving time to get there from Logan Airport.
If you’re one of the crowd headed to Cape Cod this summer too you might want to check out the Chatham Bars Inn which in honor of its 100th anniversary on June 9, 2014 is offering centennial rates and packages, menus that bring back nostalgic favorites, and social media promotions. In addition to deals the Inn is staging special events such as an ice cream social and a Roaring 20s Costume Ball.
“Chatham Bars Inn is that rare place that invites guests to take a nostalgic step into a simpler era while providing every modern comfort they expect in the 21st century,” said General Manager Paul Zuest. “Our owners – and there have been only three since 1914 – have shepherded the resort with great care through the years and have brought us to this historic moment. One hundred years after Chatham Bars Inn first opened, we can reflect proudly on an extraordinarypast and look forward to an uncommon future.”
Specials scheduled for the rest of this year include:
- Anniversary Package: that’s valid June 13-15 and includes two nights’ accommodations, entrée to the Roaring 20s Costume Ball and breakfast for two daily for $998.
- New Year’s Eve Gala (December 31): The centennial celebration will culminate in a New Year’s Eve Gala complete with dining, dancing and entertainment. Details of the night’s festivities will be announced later.
- Centennial rate: On select dates throughout 2014, Chatham Bars Inn will offer a guest room rate of $191.40 to commemorate its opening year.
- Centennial Package: Available throughout 2014, this special package includes two nights’ accommodations, two Centennial Cocktails on arrival, a $100 F&B credit, $100 spa credit, and a centennial commemorative gift. Tax and resort fee is included in the price, which starts at $720.
Social Media Promotions:
- #CBIdaydream: using the hashtag #CBIdaydream contestants post a moment that makes them wish they were at Chatham Bars Inn. For example: “Snow again? Ready for summer on the beach @ChathamBarsInn #CBIdaydream.” As an incentive to post, the resort will award mini surprises to its favorite daydreamers for redemption on their next visit.
- ·#TBTCBI100 hashtag contest: is a contest that challenges former guests to choose a picture from a past Chatham Bars Inn trip for their Throwback Thursday posts on social media, using hashtag #TBTCBI100. The guest who posts the best picture of all submitted throughout the year will win a complimentary return trip in 2015.
Chatham Bars Inn, once an original luxury hunting lodge for wealthy locals, is one of Cape Cod’s most beloved and storied destinations that works well for family vacations, couples getaways and corporate retreats. The Inn houses 217 individually decorated rooms and suites, endless recreational options, exceptional dining, and an exclusive spa.