As I have said LG is definitely trying to step up to the plate. Many sites are talking about the Korean video that this was in; but come on guys is that really news. Let's go deep inside. There are several GTabs out in the market. Most of them frankly are garbage. The ones that are noteworthy, I have already written about, like: the Galaxy Tab, Notion Ink Adam Tablet, Motorola Xoom Tablet, Viewsonic ViewPAD, and HTC Android Tablet.
The LG G-Slate is one of those. Coming to T-Mobile, this GTab should add considerable revenue to T-Mobile’s pockets.
Some specs for your delight:
- 4G ready
- 8.9″ display allowing 3D content
- Dimensions: 243 x 149.4 x 12.8 mm (9.6 x 5.9 x .5 inches)
- Weight: 630 grams
- 3D recording capability
- LG Tegra 2 dual-core CPU
- USB port and HDMI connector
- Dual rear cameras (Each camera will be 5MP)* (2592 x 1944 resolution)
- 1.3MP Front Facing camera
- WXGA touchscreen 1280 x 768 resolution
- 32 GB internal memory
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- 3D graphics hardware accelerator
- Android 3.0 (Honeycomb)
- 6400mAh battery
* Taking a 3D photo relies on the fact that you have two cameras or you move from the left to the right position. The cameras would also have to have the same resolution to produce a clear picture. I believe based on the FCC filing that the rear cameras will be about 1½ inches apart (about the distance from your right to your left eye). Obviously same height and centered on the back of the device. They will also have a new camera app that induces the second rear camera to take 3D pictures.
Originally I wrote about the LG Optimus Pad. This G-Slate may mix the two specs together. So check out this old article: http://exm.nr/f42u24. This should be coming out in the next few months. I believe the end of March. As I get more details I will fill you in.