An open letter to Ronald Isley

Ronald (standing) with Rudolph..smooth sailing indeed..
Ronald (standing) with Rudolph..smooth sailing indeed..
Courtesy Warner Bros. Records

Comments

• Ms. M 5 years ago

Interesting letter Kev....LOL

• DyvaNaye 5 years ago

RON ISLEY IS FREE!!!!!

KEV GO - YOU DID NOT MENTION ME ONCE IN THIS ARTICLE! IM THAT MANS BIGGEST FAN!

'MAKE ME SAY IT AGAIN', :) THERE NEEDS TO BE A RE-RELEASE OF 'ITS YOUR THING' FROM THE REAL MASTERS!

PEACE!

• Kevin Goins 5 years ago

Ladyvanaye:
    I author my articles for everyone to read, thank you. If anyone is displaying any selfishness, it's you.

Second of all, I kept my list of requests short & sweet for a reason - to keep the reader interested & not lose their attention span.

Otherwise, I hope you enjoyed the article. If not, oh well.

Kevin Goins

• Tim S. 5 years ago

Really liked it ... except for the songbook idea, I'm tired of those. But other than that, outstanding, especially about reuniting with his family and dumping that silly Mr. Biggs.

As always, Kevin, great stuff!

• Soulful Chris 5 years ago

As always, I seem to agree with everything you say, Kev. Couldn't agree more concerning getting rid of the whole Mr. Biggs thing. Mr. Isley's voice, when last heard, was still in top notch form and I don't think a day ever goes by when I don't listen to some old tune either by him or The Isleys. (Yesterday it was "The Last Girl"). Great article!!

• Nosey 5 years ago

Like the article especially your writing style.

• Ralph Terrana 5 years ago

Nice job, Kev. I hope he heeds your good advice.

• Gary 5 years ago

Amen brother! :-)

• DyvaNaye 5 years ago

Since you addressed me on the SDF forum with the same thing twice, I wont cut and paste my other answer to you like you did to me here - but just to say you did not receive the joke as you now know it to be, there is no need to blow this up further.

Thanks.

• Stephanie 5 years ago

Kev,
    This is well written I wish I could write as well as you do! I am glad that you addressed the Mr Biggs issue. Ron has a lot of talent and I would love to see him and his relatives do a big concert again. KevGo great work and thank you for addressing this letter to one of our legends.

• Ricardo 5 years ago

Outstanding article Kev... U truly know how to share your thoughts... I've got one for U though... I'm sure "J" of Da' Soul Recordings Group LLC., and VP Chazz Dixon and the crew could cook up some fine soul music for Brother Ron Isley!! Just a thought!!

• Ronke' 3 years ago

Mr. Goins: I believe you are sincere in sharing your thoughts in an open letter to Mr. Ron Isley. What a talent, what a voice he has. I will comment and agree that the Mr. Biggs persona should already be shedded. More importantly, I wish Mr. Ron Isley and his family God's richest blessings.