The 2010 Zinfandel Spring Tour is coming to Denver tomorrow night, April 15, 2010. Zinfandel Advocates & Producers (ZAP) is a non-profit, educational organization devoted to this evocative grape. For your tasting pleasure, the tour is bringing Zinfandel from more than 35 producers. Don't miss this treat for your palate.
Zinfandel, genetically the same grape as Italy’s Primitivo, is generally a full-bodied, fruit forward, sometimes peppery, red wine. It pairs well with meaty and spicy fare, such as Middle Eastern foods, Italian such as lasagna, and many American favorites like BBQ, hamburgers, and steak.
ZAP is dedicated to advancing public knowledge of and appreciation for American Zinfandel and its unique place in our culture and history. Winegrowers, winemakers and wine enthusiasts combine to form the membership. The common focus is the preservation and recognition of Zinfandel as America’s heritage wine.
- Taste spectacular Zinfandel wines from over 35 premier ZAP member wineries
- Mingle with top winemakers and principals in an intimate setting
- Learn about the remarkable richness and versatility of Zinfandel
- Discover why Zinfandel is "America's Heritage Grape!"
- Sample hors d'oeuvres for food pairing samples prepared by noteworthy Denver area chefs including Chef Michael Long (Opus Restaurant, Littleton, Colorado) Chef Mario Clapes (Meritage Restaurant/Omni Interlocken Resort) and Chef David Oleveri (Farradday's Steakhouse, Isle Casino, Blackhawk)
Location: Mile High Station 2027 West Lower Colfax Avenue Denver CO 80204 The event location is right off I-25 with FREE parking.
Dress: Dressy casual or business attire.
•Red Bird Chicken Farms
•Snow Creek Ranch Beef
Price: $55 at door/$40 online in advance