I believe, at one time or another, we all take a look in the mirror and don't see the person we feel on the inside looking back at us. Whether it's a lack luster skin that should have been given more care, a tired look from stress and overwork, or just the need for little a pick-up as we start to age, the good news is, it's not too late.
You must always remember that we posses an inner beauty that is endless, but... sometimes needs a little outer assistance. Nowadays there are so many options available to "revitalize" your skin in a non-invasive manner.
This article features an interview with Board Certified Dermatologist, Dr. Doris Day who will enlighten you about some of the new options that are available, and what you need to do to help re-awaken the "inner beauty" in your outer appearance, once again.
Before we get to the interview, I'd like to introduce you to Dr.Day via some highlights from her admirable background quoted directly from her biography:
• Doris Day, MD is a board certified dermatologist who specializes in laser, cosmetic and surgical dermatology on the Upper East Side in New York City. Her private practice includes national and international celebrities.
• She is also a frequent guest expert for Good Morning America, GMA Health, and The Mike and Juliet Show, and has had several appearances on CNN, the Today Show, iVillage, The Tyra Banks Show and many other television and internet events, as well as features in major women’s magazines including In Style, Allure, Vogue, Glamour, W, and Redbook. She has also been a frequent guest host for Healthy Life on ABCNewsNow, and has a monthly column in Health magazine.
• Her most recent book is entitled, Forget the Facelift: Turn Back the Clock with Dr Day’s Revolutionary Four-Step Program for Ageless Skin (Avery/Penguin Publishers). It is an easy to understand detailed and information-packed resource to rejuvenate your skin, as well as easy to make recipes and inspiring advice for inner and outer beauty, as well as recipes and advice for inner and outer beauty.
• Dr. Day is a member in many relevant national organizations, and she is a medical advisor for Allergan, Medicis, Sanofi, and Bioform.
• She is also a is a talk show host for Doctor Radio, on Sirius 114 and XM 119, with her own bi-monthly two hour live dermatology call-in radio show, and is a freelance medical journalist for several medical and other scientific and internet publications.
• After graduating from Columbia University with a degree in English, Dr. Day completed her masters in journalism at New York University and earned her MD at Downstate Medical School in New York. She completed her residency in dermatology at Cornell University College of Medicine with the title of Chief Resident.
Now, enjoy an informative interview with Board Certified Dermatologist, Doris Day, MD!
• WHAT ARE SOME OF THE LATEST INNOVATIONS AND BIG TRENDS IN SKIN CARE FOR 2013?
DR.DAY : "The good news is that there are outstanding , innovative, combined, synergistic treatments that can jumpstart our way to looking our very best. One treatment I really love is Ultherapy . It's the only FDA device approved for lifting and that can have good dramatic results without looking like you've had anything done, and with minimal downtime. It can be a bit uncomfortable, but it's easy to do and can be combined with skin care, laser, chemical peels, along with Botox Cosmetic to complete the package and have you look your very best."
• WHAT PROCEDURES DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR A SKIN DO-OVER, AND HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE A CANDIDATE?
DR.DAY: "It's good to have a conversation with your dermatologist. Start by having a look in your mirror. See what bothers you and bring that to the attention of your doctor. A lot of times when patients point things out , I'll kind of point to the source of it and it's not exactly what they're seeing. I then explain how I can help them improve it in a way that will look very natural, and will make them not only look their best now, but have a lasting effect over time".
• HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR SKIN LOOKING GREAT AFTER YOU HAVE THE PROCEDURE?
DR.DAY:"Depending on what procedure is done there are things you can do to maintain and enhance those results. Things like using retinoids, antioxidants, and peptides. Of course, use your sunscreen every day, and that's very important, as well."
• WHAT TIPS DO YOU HAVE FOR COST-CONSCIOUS CONSUMERS LOOKING TO BUY TREATMENTS IN THE NEW YEAR?
DR.DAY: "I think that's where patients have to be the most careful. If you're doing a treatment to look and feel your very best, it's important not to cut corners. I have patients coming in who have gone someplace where they thought it was a great deal, and they found one of several things. One is,it wasn't the deal they thought it was, it ended up being more expensive, and they didn't get the results they wanted. Two, they didn't always get the product they thought they were getting, so I would therefore caution you with things like Botox Cosmetic, for example, where there are no generics. If you have any questions your doctor should be able to answer them for you to your satisfaction. If you would like, they should be able to show you the bottle so you could see there's a hologram that tells you that you are getting the real product, and not something else. So those are questions that are ok to ask, but I find that it's much better to save and prioritize, and to try not to cut corners because your results can be very different!
• WHERE CAN WE GET MORE INFORMATION?
DR.DAY: You can go to : www.asds.net
Thank you, Dr. Day for this enlightening interview....
Make sure to also visit Dr.Day's comprehensive website for additional information! http://www.myclearskin.com
(Quotes and/or paraphrased information in this article obtained from received PR Release Fact sheets, and audio interview from Dr.Doris Day)