Colors make dishes look much more appetizing no matter the ingredients but add health to your batch too with these ingredients. Toss together this lovely alternative salad (there is no lettuce) and enjoy the complex flavors that come with it. This recipe will yield about 2-3 servings.
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes
- 2 oz arugula
- 1 container alfalfa sprouts, ~4 oz
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- lemon cilantro hummus, to taste (for dressing)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Slice tomatoes into eighths.
- Add arugula.
- Wash and separate alfalfa sprouts before adding.
- Thinly slice red onions and add.
- Dress with lemon cilantro hummus.
- Add black pepper if desired. Enjoy.
If you're interested in checking out more recipes by me, please subscribe above. You will receive instant updates whenever a new recipe goes up. Recipe requests are gladly welcome. Regular posts will include recipes, tips on cooking, restaurants in the Orange County area, and more.
If you wish to follow me on Facebook, you can "like" at www.facebook.com/muchadoaboutfooding and/or become a fan on Twitter at @MuchAdoBlog. Make sure to share the information if you enjoy reading.