Amy Winehouse's death results have been confirmed after second coroner's inquest. MSN reported on Tuesday, Jan. 8 that the "Rehab" singer officially died from accidental alcohol poisoning.
Coroner Shirley Radcliffe ruled that the 27-year-old soul singer "died as a result of alcohol toxicity" and recorded a verdict of death by misadventure. She said there were no suspicious circumstances.
Radcliffe stated that Amy Winehouse "voluntarily consumed alcohol, a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn and led to her death."
Amy Winehouse is best known as a Grammy-winning singer, who sadly, fought a very public battle with drug and alcohol abuse for years. Winehouse was found dead at the age of 27, at her London home on July 23, 2011, with empty vodka bottles scattered around her.
The official coroners death reports reveals that a postmortem had found that Amy Winehouse had a blood alcohol level five times the legal driving limit, above a level that can prove fatal. That amount of alcohol could affect the central nervous system so much that a patient could "fall asleep and not wake up."
Pathology reports also reveal that that Winehouse had likely suffered a respiratory arrest after consuming too much alcohol. The level in her blood was 416 milligrams per 100 milliliters, a blood alcohol level of 0.4 percent. The British legal driving limit is 0.08 percent.
The family of Amy Winehouse was reported to have not attended the 45-minute inquest, which was held after the original coroner was found to lack the proper qualifications for the job.
Tuesday's investigation into the death of Amy Winehouse produced the same verdict as that produced by the first inquest in 2011.