Celebrity makeup artist Stephen Sollitto created a sophisticated makeup look for Amy Adams, who is nominated for “Actress in a Leading Role” for her portrayal of Sydney Prosser in “American Hustle.” He stated, “She wore a stunning sapphire blue Gucci gown, modern and clean. Obviously, I am inspired by this color and simply wanted the makeup to be just as sophisticated.”
To get Amy Adams' flawless red carpet look look this spring, check out Stephen Sollitto's breaks down of the steps and the beauty products he used:
- Sollitto prepared Adams’ skin using RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream ($195). He stated, “I always moisturize with this product. This is the line I use on myself every day. Prepping the skin is just as important as the makeup you use.”
- Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide (NEW - Coming Fall 2014) to create a flawless complexion. He noted, “This foundation is simple to apply with a wet sponge or your fingers. It's long wear, oil free and lightweight. In the end it gives you a matte finish so you don't have to dust your face with loose powder, it's built in.”
- Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracotta ($24) to Adams’ lids and contrasted the look by applying Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat ($24) under the star’s bottom lashes.
- To keep Adam’s eyes looking ”bright,” Sollitto dotted his “ideal champagne shade,” Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sugar Frost ($26) to the inner corners of Adams’ eyes.
- He applied Nars Eye Paint Liner in Tatar ($25) along the star’s upper lash line to make them “pop.”
- To finish, he applied Dior Black Out Mascara ($25) to Adams’ lashes.
- Sollitto applied the perfect “spring-like blush,” Tom Ford Beauty Cheek Color in Ravish ($56) to create a look “that was flush with color.”
- Sollitto noted that he wanted to achieve a lip look that was “pretty, a little bit rosy and glossy.” He used Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Cozy ($25) which he described as “having the perfect punch I was looking for.” He then layered Tom Ford Beauty Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Rose Crush ($45) over it “for a bit of glamour to match the day.”