There will be a terrifyingly fast roller coaster named “The Infidel Slayer,” and the last hole of the mini golf course will have a sign advising, “Hit the ball into Osama’s mouth and win five free games.”
Abbottabad, for those who have forgotten or not seen “Zero Dark Thirty,” is the town where U.S. special forces “took out” terrorist kingpin Osama bin Laden in 2011. The park, which will set its developers back $30 million, will include a zoo, water sports, rock climbing, and paragliding
"The project will take five years to complete," notes Jamaluddin Khan, Pakistan’s deputy provincial minister for tourism.
The private venture is to be built in the foothills of the Himalayas, miles from the compound when bin Laden spent his last days. The large white villa has been demolished in any case to make way for much-needed residential housing.
Senior regional official Khalid Omarzai told Reuters that some people suggested building the amusement park on the plot where bin Laden was laying low, but he rejected the idea, fearing that it might take on the nickname "Osama Park."
- Veterans for Strong America releases ad countering Obama's bin Laden ad
- SEALs slam Obama for taking credit for bin Laden raid
- Fear factor: Are Republicans afraid of Obama’s 'coolness'?
- The audacity of Obama campaigning on having ‘bagged bin Laden’
- Breaking: Top Obama appointee cut reference to Al Qaeda in Benghazi memo (Photos)
- White House denies stripping mention of Al Qaeda from CIA talking points
- Obama calls al Qaeda racist: Gee, ya think?
- The death of OBL: Whose victory?
- The Libyan embassy killings carry the same old unconscionable message (Video)