What could provide more amusement for your child’s next birthday party than celebrating at an AMUSEMENT PARK?
Whether bringing one special friend or a whole carload of kids, celebrating your child’s birthday at an amusement park adds something special to the party by visiting an extra-special place!
- Make the invitation look like an amusement park ticket.
- Write the invitation on a balloon with a permanent marker.
- Send the party details on a postcard with a photo from the amusement park.
- Put a sticker with party details onto an amusement park map.
The amusement park will keep your guests entertained, but try these games for added fun:
- Scavenger Hunt : Find a list of items from around the park (check off a list or take digital photos of each item)
- Double Dare: Complete a checklist of rides and attractions.
- ABC Adventure: Give each guest a list A-Z. Have guests try to find an item that begins with each letter of the alphabet and write the item they found next to each letter.
- Trivia Contest: While waiting in line, ask trivia questions about the amusement park and attractions. The guest with the right answer gets a small piece of candy or scores a point.
- Matching T-Shirts or Hats: Custom items can be designed online at Café Press. This is also a great way to easily find members of your group!
- Souvenir Items: Pencils, key chains, magnets, stuffed animals, or snow globes make great favors. Items can be purchased online ahead or while you are at the park…just bring ribbons and tags to attach!
- Gift Cards: Let guests pick their own souvenir in the gift shop.
- Candy Bags: A great treat while at the amusement park.
- Souvenir Photo: Some amusement parks take special group photos on rides or in front of attractions. Or, give guests a frame and send them a group photo in the thank you note!
FAVORITE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AMUSEMENT PARKS
Click on the links below for full birthday party package details and reservation requirements.
- Disneyland: Parties include an appearance by Mickey and Minnie and mini birthday cakes at The Plaza Inn. Or, themed birthday buckets can be purchased at many of the full-service restaurants in the park (which include a mini-cake and special surprise). For more information call: (714) 781-DINE. Don’t forget everyone celebrating a birthday at Disneyland can request a complimentary Birthday Button at the ticket window.
- Sea World: Your party can dine with the animals or have a special animal interaction experience. For more information call: (800) 25-SHAMU.
- Legoland: Parties include admission, invitations, food, cake and a Lego toy for each guest. For more information call: (760) 918-LEGO.
- Knott’s Berry Farm: Parties available in Camp Snoopy or Soak City. For more information call (714) 220-5298.
- Universal Studios: Contact group sales for groups of 10 or more at (800) 959-9688.
- Aquarium of the Pacific: Parties include one-hour of classroom time with animal touch time, biofacts and a craft. They also offer birthday sleepovers! For more information call: (562) 951-1630.
- Wild Rivers: Parties include admission, lunch in a party area and souvenir for the birthday child. For more information call: (949) 788-0808 ext. 212.
- Magic Mountain: Parties include admission, lunch and a visit from a Looney Tunes character. Cabana Parties in Hurricane Harbor are also available. For more information call: (661) 255-4500.
Want to Pep Up your parties? Just click on the “SUBSCRIBE” button above to receive email alerts when Alii’s latest articles are available.
What are your favorite Party Places? Send Alii an email or leave a Comment below.
Read more Birthday Party ideas in the Spring issue of Coast Kids Magazine.