President Obama had announced that he would initiate a strike against Syria, and their President Assad. Britain voted against joining us in the military strike against Syria. The citizens in the US have voiced their opinion about the US getting involved, in the country's civil unrest.
The citizens of Syria have left Syria by millions to escape what is going on in their country. Jordan has accepted a lot of the immigrants to try and help them. Pictures of them in camps, without food, water and the basics to live are missing and they are desperate. A lot of children are suffering along with their parents.
Senator Mc Cain has announced that he woud not go along with a strike on Syria. The reason that most of our reprentatives are fearful of what would happen if we were to strike Syria:
- Iran has said that they would intervene if we were to strike Syria.
- There is no real proof that Assad gave the orders for chemical warfare.
- Other countries are afraid that if we were to strike Syria they might suffer along with the other people who were killed.
- US citizens do not want another war.
- US citizens do not think that we can afford to go to war, since we have suffered the loss of revenue from the (2) wars that we were in.
- US citizens do not want to have their military faced with casualties and injured soldiers.
- We can not defend the world at this time. We do not have the resources or money for a strike.
- President Obama was too quick, to declare what the US would and could do to Syria.
The President will go before the congress and senate next week and ask for a vote on whether we should strike Syria or not with our military.
The news media have interviewed Americans accross the country and their opinions are the same "No Strike."