Who: Open to the general public. A special invitation extended to educators and all the wonderful people who help to empower the next generation. American Visionary Art Museum is encouraging teachers to come pick up their educational materials and discover the many educational offerings they have available to educate students. Did you know? The museum is free & open to the public on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
What: A celebration in honor of the life and dreams of one of the greatest visionaries in America’s history. Join AVAM for guided tours, birthday cake, music, special performances, workshops, and even more exciting entertainment at this free fun-filled day. Tour their latest exhibition The Art of Storytelling and experience all the sights throughout our wonderland campus including the entire Jim Rouse Visionary Center. Check out a tentative schedule of events for MLK 2013:
- All day one can watch MLK’s “I Have a Dream” Speech on the 3rd floor of JRVC.
- Beginning 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. enjoy a Happy Birthday Crown-Making Workshop while supplies last on the 2nd floor of classroom JRVC.
- Beginning at 12 p.m. will be a Happy Birthday MLK cake cutting on the 3rd floor of JRVC.
- Beginning 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. all attending can enjoy interactive Dance & Drum performance by Keur Khaleyi African Dance Company on the 1st floor of JRVC.
- All throughout the day enjoy free Docent-led tours of AVAM’s current exhibition The Art of Storytelling in the main building.
Where: American Visionary Art Museum ~ 800 Key Highway Baltimore, MD 21230
When: Monday, January 21, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m
FYI: No advance registration required, as stated earlier AVAM is free & open to the public however, donations are greatly appreciated. For questions, call us at (410) 244-1900 or visit here via web.