The Al Gore saga of inflating his bank accounts at the cost of the American people continues.
Former NBC News anchor John Seigenthaler and MSNBC anchor and Current TV correspondent David Shuster have announced they are both joining Al Jazeera America, a TV network owned by the government of Qatar with troubling ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.
Shuster and Seigenthaler will both begin their employment as news anchors for the Arab network starting August 20, at their gala opening.
As veteran Siegenthaler said, after years of obscurity in the news business, “I’m proud to join a respected worldwide news organization that is committed to delivering high quality, objective and balanced investigative journalism. While other networks and newspapers are cutting back, Al Jazeera is growing. It’s exciting to be part of the launch of this unique cable news channel.”
Shuster told the liberal Huffington Post, “I’ve followed Al Jazeera since I covered the Iraq War in 2003 from Doha. The organization’s fearless efforts to give a voice to the voiceless have always struck a chord in me. It’s an honor to help carry on that unique mission on an American channel and for an American audience.”
Al Jazeera’s checkbook for credibility has also included former CNN host Ali Velshi, former CNN reporter Joie Chen and former CNN morning show host (what a surprise) Soledad O’Brien.
Now the news organization has a hold in America. The anti-American channel works hand-in-glove with the Muslim Brotherhood and its associated terrorist groups, including Al Qaida and Hamas. Nothing has changed. In fact, Al Jazeera has become more open about its work as a foreign policy instrument of Qatar, including the promotion of al-Qaida-linked terrorist groups in Syria.
Here is an actual reaction to Breitbart.com to voice their reaction to news of Seigenthaler’s hiring and posted the following comments:
• “Now that this NBCer is free to shout, ‘Death to America!’ whenever he feels the need, all the other NBC anchors are jealous.”
• “Al Jazeera, all the Shariah-approved news you can use.”
• “Translation: They are giving me a paycheck and I am willing to sell my integrity.”
• “That man used to be on ABC affiliate in Nashville! Man he must be really hungry to stoop that low.”
• “I cut my cable company so that I won’t support this network or any other liberal clown channel.”
• “Lateral move, the only way they go.”
• “Will he be wearing a burqa?”
• “One propaganda outlet for another, nice move elitist!”
• “He just started working for them and already he’s committed taqiyya.”
• “John, you should be happy to have a job. But I wouldn’t call you a journalist any more than I would call Al Jazeera America ‘high quality, objective and balance investigative journalism.’ I tend to think of Al Jazeera America more as an extension of the Al Qaida Propaganda Ministry.”
• “His statement is such blatant and obvious B.S. Are we sure he was not kidnapped by Al (Qaida) Jazeera and forced to say this at the point of a gun?”
• “Brilliant career move, John. Liberal outlets are bleeding viewers (rats abandoning the sinking ships) and you choose a hard-left one. You is like a jeeny-us!”
Anybody mad as hell?
* If you have enjoyed this column, may I suggest you scroll down this page and press the SUBSCRIBE box? It's FREE. Thank you for your patronage.
** Send your comments to: email@example.com