1. Life
  2. Religion & Spirituality
  3. Western Religions

American Idol winner Kris Allen leads worship in Arkansas

Kris Allen, our new American Idol has been on a whirlwind experience leading up to the finale. Months ago while he was still a newlywed, Kris decided to try out for the Idol competition.  This audition led him in front of the judges to hear the words you can only dream of hearing, "You're going to Hollywood!"

From Hollywood week all the way to the top 13, most people never anticipated that Kris "the dark horse" Allen would ultimately win in the end.  We heard a great variety of songs from Allen ranging from "Ain't no sunshine", "She works hard for the money", "Heartless", to my personal favorite, "Falling slowly."

Week after week, we've seen Kris compete for the sought after title that he finally claimed this week. But what we haven't had the opportunity to see from Allen is him in his personal element, singing not for fans nor for a competition, but for God.  Allen was a worship leader at New life church in Maumelle, Arkansas and this video shows him leading his congregation into a spirit of praise.

I hope this video takes you into a heart of worship like it did for me.  There's truly no one like our God and it's amazing to think that the creator of the world is also the God of this city!

Thanks for the inspiration Kris!

Comments

• ianaleah 5 years ago

I admire Kris for his choice of brotherhood instead of bigotry.May that choice of love instead of hate spread across usa.
    Congratulations beautiful Kris.

• Koopie 5 years ago

One thing about Kris. He has shown what a true person a faith is supposed to be like. Many people should follow his example. He shows that love is better in actions and mannerisms.

• Ron 5 years ago

Awesome to see Kris worshipping God. Pray that God will keep him humble.

• Shelia 5 years ago

What a wonderful example you are to the youth. I really enjoyed you on Idol and was truly blessed watching you in the worship service.

• Donald James Parker 5 years ago

awesome. I don't want American Idol so this is my first chance to see Chris sing.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Donald James Parker
    Sioux Falls Christian Examiner

• Kim 5 years ago

I'm in awe. Until now, I had no desire to keep up with the AI winners ... all has changed.
    Bless you Kris.

• Ren 5 years ago

Watching him worship touches my heart.He is a true American idol. Gah, I wish I could meet someone like him; talented,cute,loves God. He is the total package. :) God bless you Kris!

• humbledone 5 years ago

Praise be to God! We're seeing a Christian revival in our country through AI. How wonderful is our Lord! Congratulations Kris!

• snuggeejem 5 years ago

God's good to lift His people up. Indeed, when God's favor is upon you, He will raise you up. It's such a blessing to see Kris give back all the glory and honor to the Lord. It's such a moving thing to do. God bless you more, Kris Allen! ^_^ Oh and thanks for posting this, Jen.

• Amanda Bussen 5 years ago

I haven't watched idol for (at least) the past 2 seasons because I feel things have gotten a little rediculous with all the extra judges, etc. So, I haven't seen Kris play either, until now... He has a wonderful voice! I" love that he gives that to God.

• Tammy 5 years ago

Just who are you folks glorifying here? Read your comments, listen to what you say. You are glorifying Kris, not God!

• calvin 5 years ago

My wife and I where two of the lucky ones to be at the American Idol finals. What a great show! I didn't know Kris was a worship leader at his church until I saw the great video you posted. Thank you for sharing this information with us and again I congratulate Kris.

• julie 5 years ago

Tammy your comment is lame.

• Amie 4 years ago

I think it is nice to be able to admire the good in someone like Kris Allen. Glorifying God with your talents, abilities, and skills is something that more of us should be doing, and he is doing it. I'm glad that you're doing this too Jenny; by writing articles that other believers can enjoy and learn from. I am so blessed by you and your articles, and I know I'm not the only one. Thanks!

• Jen 4 years ago

This makes me <3 Kris even more!

Life

• Randy Travis
    Randy Travis returns with 'Influence Vol. 2: The Man I Am' in August
    Today's Buzz
  • Alternative medicine
    Alternative medicine: Remedies to make the bugs in your body go away for good
    Camera
    7 Photos
  • Beach body
    Fitness: Earn your beach body badge with bootcamp classes
    Camera
    10 Photos
  • Back to school
    These 10 items are sure winners on your back-to-school shopping trip
    Camera
    12 Photos
  • Izabel Goulart
    Izabel Goulart walks the runway with Studio F at Colombia Moda
    Camera
    19 Photos
  • Ombre' technique
    Go for the gusto: What ombre' technique are you?
    Camera