The deadline to enter the 2014 Inc. 500/5000 fastest-growing companies competition is April 30.
Companies are ranked according to the percentage growth of their annual revenue over a three-year period -- 2010 to 2013.
All of the following must be true of your company in order to qualify for the 2014 Inc. 500|5000. Your company must:
- Have generated revenue by March 31, 2010
- Have generated at least $100,000 in revenue in 2010
- Have generated at least $2 million in revenue in 2013
- Be privately held, for profit; based in the U.S., and independent (not a subsidiary or division of another company).
The cost to apply and enter the competition is $125 before February 28 and then $150 after that date.
In 1982, Inc. introduced the Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing privately held companies in the United States. Since then, this prestigious list of the nation's most successful private companies has become the hallmark of entrepreneurial success and the place where future household names first make their mark.
Pandora, 7 Eleven, Toys 'R' Us, Zipcar, Zappos.com and numerous other well-known brands have been honored by the Inc. 500|5000.
- In 2007, the Inc. 500 list expanded to the Inc. 500|5000, giving readers a deeper, richer understanding of the entrepreneurial landscape and capturing a broader spectrum of success.
Today, the list is a distinguished editorial award, a celebration of innovation, a network of entrepreneurial leaders, and an effective public relations showcase.
- All 5,000 honoree companies are individually profiled on Inc.com. The top 500 are featured in the September issue of Inc. magazine.