The site has been taken down and replaced with a notice stating, “Due to the lapse in federal funding this Office of Justice Programs (OJP) website is unavailable."
The AMBER Alert program is a voluntary partnership between law-enforcement and broadcasters that issues urgent bulletins following cases of child abductions.
Oddly enough, with only 17 percent of the government shutdown, the AMBER alert system was deemed unworthy of the remaining 83 percent of the open agencies.
The shutdown is also responsible for blocking children with cancer from clinical trials. John Burklow, a spokesman for the National Institutes of Health, estimated that 30 children per week would be among those facing delays.
America’s children have become the target in what some have called “an attack on America from within.” Leaving many Americans with one question, “When will it be enough?”