Amazon has announced that their latest Kindle Paperwhite will ship to consumers starting on September 30 of this year for only $119.99. The latest iteration of the iconic e-reader has a whole new slew of improvements packed into a smaller form factor that is easier on the eyes and wallet.
The e-reader was announced this Tuesday and includes the following improvements and changes.
- No glare screen - Even in bright sunlight, the new Kindle Paperwhite will have no glare.
- Eight weeks of battery life - Of course, the settings have to be right at that sweet spot, but Amazon is reporting battery life unheard of on other devices.
- Super thin body - Thinner than almost all the contestants on America's Next Top Model.
- Improved contrast - Darker blacks and brighter whites make it easier to read.
- Faster guts - Now it almost turns pages as fast as if you had a book in your hand.
- Distraction free reading - Don't be bothered by email notifications like on tablets. Use your e-reader for just that. Reading.
- Footnotes, dictionary, and Kindle X-Ray - Distract yourself from your reading with these new features that are meant to improve your reading experience.
The Kindle Paperwhite is available for order now and will begin shipping on September 30.