Students entering college in the fall will face two hardships. One is the high cost of textbooks and the other is the need for entertainment. Amazon has developed a special version of their popular Amazon Prime just for students. The student version is much richer in benefits than the regular program as it has a 6-month free trial period. During this period members receive exclusive deals, free two-day shipping on books and a $10 credit for every student they sign up for the program.
After the first six months Student Prime works like the regular Amazon Prime except it is discounted by 50% while still offering the $10 credit for signing up others.
Prime benefits include the ability to borrow free Kindle books, unlimited instant streaming of more than 41,000 movies and television episodes and over a million songs and hundreds of playlists that are delivered ad-free.
Having Amazon’s Kindle is not a requirement for borrowing the Kindle books as students can download a free e-reader from Amazon for use on any tablet, Apple, or PC.
Books that will save you money
- “The Money Saving Mom's Budget”: Slash your spending, pay down your debt, streamline your life, and save thousands a year.
- “How to Save More Money”: 349 tips to help you keep your hard-earned cash.
- “How to Be Frugal”: New ways to view money and 100 tips reduce your expenses.
Additional money-saving resources for you
- Get coupons at coupons.com.
- Get a free e-reader for use on any tablet, Apple, or PC.
- Get a free trail for thousands of movies and TV programs at Amazon Prime.
- Information about the economic culture.
- Best deals and ease of use for bridal registries: Amazon’s Wedding Registry.
- Amazon also has a baby registry that offers great savings. Click here to review.
- Daily specials from Amazon.com in what they call the GoldBox.