Block Story is priced at $1.98 in Google Play; it is normally priced at $1.98 at the Amazon Appstore. As we've noted before, there are sometimes differences in pricing and availability between the two marketplaces.
Block Story is described as follows:
FOR A LIMITED TIME IT IS $1.98 INSTEAD OF THE REGULAR $5
Block Story is a game somewhat similar to Infiniminer (the game that inspired Minecraft) with an RPG spin.
* Infinite world even up and down
* 25 Quests, that give you objectives and hours of fun
* Leveling up, and skill points to improve your character
* Beautiful terrain generation with Hell, biomes, floating islands, forgotten sky, underground world and coral reefs.
* Torches you can make and carry to light your way through caves
* Equipment you can wear like "My Precious" (a powerful ring), and flippers (to swim faster)
* Many weapons, like swords, magic, shields, guns, bow and arrow
* 87 realistic mobs, from lizards to dragons, from clownfish to giant sharks.
* Beautiful graphics, with colored lights, epic night sky, and bumped terrain
* 4 control modes, 1 joystick, 2 joystick, accelerometer and d-pad.
* Vehicles like cars and boats for your long trips (more coming).
* Frequent updates
* Optimized for Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD
***** THIS IS THE FULL VERSION ****
***** IT CAN SAVE THE WORLD UNLIKE THE LITE VERSION *****
Here is a video showing you how to craft:
Want to meet other Blockstorias? Have questions? need help?
come meet us at our forum:
What independent review sites say:
"I think for pure playability, Block Story might have the edge over Minecraft"
"On its own Block Story is a brilliantly executed game, but I think that it will only ever live in the shadow of the game it resembles, which is a shame, but the truth."
"You wouldn't normally think about the mashing of a game like Morrowind with Minecraft would be a good idea but as it turns out, it's actually a pretty amazing feat."
Block Story has a 4.3-star rating in Google Play and has a 3.7-star rating in the Amazon Appstore.
We'd recommend buying this while it is free.
There is also a version in the iOS App Store. It's priced at $2.99 and has a 4-star rating for both the current and overall ratings.
We continue to be disappointed with the FAOTD program. It began promisingly enough, with Angry Birds Rio, but we've gotten tired of the endless games or niche apps, and especially apps which have no uptake in Google Play, and seem to be FAOTD as a desperation move by the developer.
We'd like to see free versions of say, Office-compatible software or useful utilities such as CalenGoo instead of niche apps or endless games (we just assume every day that it's going to be a game; it's gotten that bad).
Amazon.com opened up the Appstore despite a lawsuit by Apple, which has previously trademarked the term "App Store." Microsoft has filed an appeal against that trademark, saying the term is too generic. Amazon.com has responded to the lawsuit in the same manner.
Apple has already lost a portion of that lawsuit, which said Amazon.com had participated in "false advertising."