Much like GameStop's plan to allow owners to buy Xbox 360 copies of their favorite games and subsequently trade them in for what ends up being $50 in store credit to upgrade to Xbox One copies, Amazon has announced a very similar deal. The company, announced today that when trading in select games, users will receive an additional $25 credit on top of the already guaranteed $25 credit allowing people to upgrade for $10.
It's a little more complicated that GameStop's deal due to the online nature of the company and requires some additional steps.
1. Select your qualifying Xbox 360 game from the list below and submit your trade in.
2. Send in your item for processing following the instructions provided.
3. Wait for your item to be received and graded.
4. When your trade in is accepted, add a qualifying Xbox One game to your cart.
5. Your bonus credit will be applied automatically to your purchase.
Open for eligibility are Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, NBA 2K14, and Need for Speed Rivals.
Running from August 18, 2013 through December 31, 2013, the program does have a good amount of fine print including the fact that the promotion is limited to one per customer, and only the lowest priced item that is eligible.
Do you plan on taking advantage of either of these deals? Combined with Microsoft's announcement that all season passes will transfer between generations, owners can effectively get their game on early while minimizing cost.
Thanks for the lead NeoGAF!