"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint” (Isaiah 40:31).
The Bible says we shall mount up with wings as eagles. That means we were created to stand above all that is trying to keep up down. I like how Isaiah uses the eagles in his simile to describe how God's people should live because the eagles are quite interesting.
Here are some interesting facts about bald eagles.
- The bald eagle is the symbol of the Unites States.
- Bald eagles have been the national symbol of the United States since 1782.
- They can live longer than 30 years.
- They have keen eyesight.
- They love to be around water.
- They get fresh food each day.
- When eagles first start to “date”, they spend many years preparing their nests before breeding.
- A bald eagle is faithful to his or her mate for life.
- Mother and papa eagle both take turn caring for their young.
- They lack vocal cords.
- Bald eagles can fly up to 25 mph.
- They have 7,000 feathers.
- Bald eagle means white, not without hair.
- Sixty to ninety percent of an eagle’s diet is fish.
- They build their nests in tall trees (at the top) near water (One old nest in Florida is about 9 feet wide and 20 feet tall and weighing over 4,000 pounds).
- The female bald eagles are bigger than the male.
- They can soar for more than 10,000 feet high.
- These birds descend from the sky at about 100 miles an hour, sliding on water before snatching a fish with their feet.
Click here to see how this relates to you, a Christian.