Her DUI charge stemmed from an incident that occurred in West Hollywood, Calif., where suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, Amanda hit a parked cop car, according to The Los Angeles Times.
In what resulted in a plea bargain for Bynes, she ended up pleading no contest to "wet reckless" instead of the more serious charge of DUI.
"Wet reckless" refers to a plea to a charge of reckless driving, which is "alcohol related." ~ MSN
As a result of pleading no contest to the one count of “wet reckless,” Bynes will be on probation for the next three years, and will enroll in three months’ worth of alcohol education classes.
More good news for the recovering actress is that Bynes was able to reach an agreement with the N.Y. courts who agreed to dismiss her court case of tossing a bong out of her apartment window in exchange for seeing a counselor twice-a-week for six months.
After suffering a very public and bizarre mental breakdown which peaked with her starting a small fire in a driveway outside a residence in Thousand Oaks in July, 2013, Bynes has been getting the help and support she so badly needed and appears to be well on the road to recovery.
Bynes is currently enrolled and taking classes at the Orange County campus of California's Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising.
For more on Bynes' recovery and the events leading up to her rehab, see the video accompanying this article.
- Judge finds Amanda Bynes mentally competent to stand trial in DUI case
- Amanda Bynes sets fire in Calif., placed under involuntary psychiatric hold
- Amanda Bynes says she was sexually harassed by police officer during arrest (Video)
- Amanda Bynes seen driving on suspended license and smoking a bowl (Video)
- Amanda Bynes charged with driving on suspended license (Video)
- Amanda Bynes grazes patrol car in W. Hollywood, arrested for DUI (video)
To receive e-mail alerts to Richard's Domestic Crimes articles, Subscribe Here to Get Instant Updates.
E-mail alerts are free, private and secure, and you won't get any ink on your fingers.