We never know when baking day is going to happen and then again some families set a certain day to bake so there are treats for the week. When baking day comes along and you root through the pantry and realize that you don’t have any brownie cake mixes on hand that means someone will be disappointed or another trip to the grocery store.
If you have homemade brownie mix on hand you can never run out and if you do it is an easy recipe to made more. Once you make a batch of brownie mix ahead of time all you need is three ingredients to mix into the batter mix and brownies will be on the table within a half an hour. Now everyone will be happy and dessert or snack time will be filled with smiles and gooey chocolate brownies for all to bite into.
- 1 ¼ cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups of sugar
Additional ingredients when brownies are to be baked:
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa, sugar and salt together in a large pourable mixing bowl.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together and pour into a mason jar or air-tight jar you have on hand.
- Prepare as many batches as you want to store and close the lids tightly and add them to your pantry shelves.
- When you are ready to bake brownies just take one jar down and add the butter, eggs and vanilla into a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Pour the brownie batter into a greased pan and bake in a 350’ oven for 20-25 minutes until the brownies are cooked through.
- Let the brownie pan cool for 10 minutes before slicing into squares.
- Then transfer them to a cooling rack until completely cool.
- Once the brownies are cool place them in a covered container and dole them out for snacks or dessert for the family.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: