Complaints of back pain are one of the most common reasons people visit doctors. Lower back pain is often caused by muscle and joint problems.
- Over 90 % of low back pain is due musculoskeletal problems and 75% may be caused by muscle strain or injury to ligaments.
Conventional treatments for the relief of low back pain are one-size-fits all management strategy. Over-use of NSDAs can lead to death. Alternative medicine may offer better relief and outcomes for patient suffering from chronic low back pain.
Efficiency of topical herbal remedies.
- Capsicum frutescens well known as capsaicin.
- Gaultheria procumbens or wintergreen oil contains salicylate compound closely related to aspirin.
- Menthe piperata or peppermint oil.
- Mixing peppermint and wintergreen oils will produce fewer side effects.
- Eucalyptus globulus contains eucalyptol organic compound. It has a camphor like smell.
All essential oils should be diluted with vegetable oils to avoid irritation of skin.
Helpful tips to reduce incidence of pain.
- Check the mattress: medium-firm mattress is more beneficial for chronic pain than firm mattress.
Other efficient methods that can be mixed for total recovery.
- Chiropractor and osteopathic treatment includes manipulative therapy.
- Specific yoga postures.
- Homeopathic remedies.
Visit a licensed practitioner prior to starting a home-based treatment.