Two fabulous things are happening in September -- my birthday (Virgo!!) and of course Drybar's latest addition to its menu of cocktail-themed styles, the 'Dirty Martini.' The textured blowout gives the hair movement and wave, with a sexy tousled, accidentally-on-purpose effect. Available soon at all Drybar shops, including Back Bay and Chestnut Hill.
"Messy, tousled 'undone' hair has become such a requested look (and one of my personal favorites!), so I was anxious to incorporate this style into our line up! All the looks created for our menu can be interpreted many different ways, and are classics that never go out of style. I believe the same is true of the Dirty Martini. There is definitely a time for a perfectly polished blowout, but I think we all have a little Dirty Martini in us too!" - Alli Webb, Founder of Drybar.
In the meantime, here are a few tips to trying this look at home:
- Build wave into mid-shaft with a curling iron like Drybar's 3-Day Bender using vertical sections
- Stretch waves to create length and movement
- Alternate curl direction to create messiness
For all hair types...
- Fine/Straight Hair: Apply Southern Belle Volumizing Mousse on wet hair, finish with Triple Sec 3-in-1 Texturizing Spray on dry hair.
- Medium/Wavy Hair: Use Mai Tai Spritzer Sea Salt Spray on wet hair, finish with Triple Sec on dry hair.
- Coarse/Curly Hair: Apply Cream Soda Smoothing Cream on wet hair, finish with Triple Sec on dry hair.
- The messier the better - use your fingers, not a brush.
- Spray Triple Sec into the hair from underneath, massage and scrunch strands.
- Flip hair over and massage roots for more oomph throughout the day.
And stop into Drybar this fall to try the new style!