On Wednesday, former GOP Rep. Allen West minced no words, calling Barack Obama an "Islamist" whose administration is "working counter to the security of the United States of America." And, he added, "all" of the evidence points to that conclusion.
According to West, that is the only way one can rationalize Obama's actions regarding foreign policy, especially on matters pertaining to the Middle East. He cited six specific examples:
- The unilateral release of five senior Taliban back to the enemy while the enemy is still fighting us.
- Providing weapons of support to the Muslim Brotherhood-led Egyptian government — F-16s and M1A1 Abrams tanks — but not to the Egyptian government after the Islamist group has been removed.
- Negotiations with Qatar and Turkey, two Islamist-supporting countries.
- Negotiations with Hamas, a terrorist group.
- Returning sanction money, to the tune of billions of dollars, back to the theocratic regime led by Iran’s ayatollahs and allowing them to march on towards nuclear capability.
- Obama’s evident support of Islamists in Libya.
He also said that U.S. military assets were given given to Islamist groups fighting Libyan dictator Moammar Qaddafy without Congressional approval. One of those groups armed by the administration, he added, took responsibility for the attack that saw Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans killed in Benghazi. Making matters worse, West noted the group -- Ansar al-Sharia "claims it has established an Islamic caliphate in eastern Libya, based in Benghazi."
But there's more, as the commercial says. Two days ago, the Washington Free Beacon reported the administration lifted restrictions on Libyans attending U.S. flight schools and U.S.-based training in nuclear science.
"Why wouldn’t the Obama administration allow Kurdish Peshmerga members to come to America and receive flight training so they could be given quality helicopter gunships and destroy ISIS? Can anyone explain what the strategy and objective is here in lifting this ban with a nation that is or should be on the terrorist watch list?” he asked. ”Sorry, but I can only explain this one way: Barack Hussein Obama is an Islamist in his foreign policy perspectives and supports their cause.”