Even if their chances of making the NFL playoffs are slim and hinge on help, with two weeks remaining in the season, the Arizona Cardinals are still in the hunt heading into Sunday afternoon’s game against the Seahawks in Seattle (4:05 p.m. EST).
In the same spot in the standings where they’ve found themselves for the majority of the year, just one game out of the postseason, the Cardinals (9-5) can still sneak in one of three ways:
1) Arizona needs to beat Seattle (12-2), current sixth-seed San Francisco (10-4) has to lose to Atlanta Monday night, then Arizona needs to beat visiting San Francisco the following week.
2) Arizona needs to beat Seattle and San Francisco, and have the loser of Sunday morning’s Carolina/New Orleans game, lose again in week 17.
- Carolina (10-4) finishes up at Atlanta (4-10).
- New Orleans (10-4) hosts Tampa Bay (4-10).
3) If the Panthers lose their final two games, the Cardinals would only need to win one to get in, as long as San Francisco beats Atlanta.