Family-owned and family-run Red Gold is celebrating the comfort of lasagna this winter; they are encouraging folks to make their own home-made gourmet lasagna with a quick and easy recipe.
Red Gold’s basic lasagna recipe is a full-flavored lasagna that is layered together in just minutes with Red Gold tomatoes and three cheeses…. And of course you can add all kinds of things to it to make it your own gourmet lasagna — meat, veggies, and/or different cheeses. Red Gold has posted recipes for Easy Classic Lasagna, Chicken Parmesan Lasagna, Fresh Harvest Lasagna and Eggplant Florentine Lasagna on their website.
Red Gold has been around since the 1940s focused on growing local in the Midwest (Ohio, Michigan and Indiana), where true seasons positively impact the flavor of tomatoes.
All-In-One Red Gold Lasagna
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
1/2 cup water
1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
2 (14.5 ounce) cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles, traiditonal, uncooked
1 (15 ounce) carton low fat ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In large mixing bowl combine water, Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes and Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13x2 inch baking pan with 1½ cups of sauce mixture.
- Arrange 1/3 of noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped.
- Top with ½ of ricotta cheese, ½ of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce.
- Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles and the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1½ hours; until noodles are cooked.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
The recipe makes 12 servings, but you could divide the recipe into two 9x9 inch baking dishes and freeze one for a wintry night supper.