Leaders held firm in each of the eight event categories after the sixth weekend of action (May 31-June 1) in the Florida State Bowling Association's 80th annual championship tournament at the 80-lane Boardwalk Entertainment Center in Orlando.
According to up-to-date, current unofficial standings, there were new names atop the leaderboard as the event heads toward conclusion on June 29.
Thomas Slusser of Bradenton remains the handicap all-events leader with a nine-game pinfall of 2,363, and he also is tied for eighth place in handicap singles with 818, and he and partner Stephen Gergle are seventh in handicap doubles with 1,523.
Matthew Gilman of Broward County averaged 245.5 for his nine tournament games, and his 2,210 total represents the score to beat in scratch all-events.
Continuing as leaders in the five-player team event were Mike's Pro Shop No. 4 of Miami in the scratch category (3,410) and Once Rivals Now Teammates of Tallahassee in handicap standings (3,778).
Jeremy Mooney of Palm Beach paces scratch singles (782), and Anthony Hampton of Ocala is No. 1 in handicap singles (851). In handicap doubles, Robert Platz and Jon Blum are on top (1,669), and in scratch doubles, Craig Montesi and Michael Moore of Orlando are No. 1 (1,481).
In addition to Slusser, other players representing the Sarasota-Manatee County USBC Bowling Association listed in the Top 60 include: Ronnie Hayes of Bradenton, 12th in scratch singles (730) and 34th in handicap singles (786); Curtis Miccichi of Bradenton, 22nd in handicap singles (798); and Preston Willis of Bradenton, tied for 22nd in handicap all-events (2,224).
While there were no lead changes, there were new names in three runner-up positions: Korey and Richard Stefanik of Jacksonville in scratch doubles (1,422); James Team of the Space Coast association in handicap team (3,648); and Flying Circus II of Seminole County in scratch team (3,207).
Over the past weekend, there were two more perfect games -- by Justin Guerin of St. Petersburg in doubles and Brett Lipkowski of Treasure Coast in team action -- bringing the six-weekend total to 10, including one by Miccichi.
The current top three in each tournament category, plus any Sarasota-Manatee County bowlers in the Top 60:
- TEAM EVENT HANDICAP: 1, Once Rivals, Now Teammates (Tallahassee) 3,778; 2, James Team (Space Coast) 3,648; 3, Mike's Pro Shop No. 4 (Miami) 3,607. [Sarasota-Manatee entrants: 6th, Fletcher's Bunch 3,523; 10th, Four Aces 3,494; tie 31st, DJ & Crew 3,419; 57th, No-Taps 3,379; 60th, Shaun Team 3,374.]
- TEAM EVENT SCRATCH: 1, Mike's Pro Shop No. 4 (Miami) 3,410; 2, Flying Circus II (Seminole County) 3,207; 3, Mike's Pro Shop No. 2 (Miami) 3,178. [Sarasota-Manatee entrants: 44th, Edward Jones Financial 2,836.]
- DOUBLES HANDICAP: 1, Robert Platz and Jon Blum (Citrus County) 1,669; 2, Lauren Bland and Mike Mojzak (Orlando) 1,602; 3, Craig Montesi and Michael Moore (Orlando) 1,567. [Sarasota-Manatee entrants: 7th, Tom Slusser and Stephen Gergle 1,523.]
- DOUBLES SCRATCH: 1, Craig Montesi and Michael Moore (Orlando) 1,481; 2, Korey Stefanik and Richard Stefanik (Jacksonville) 1,422; 3, Israel Velasco and Carlos Hernandez (Miami) 1,368.
- SINGLES HANDICAP: 1, Anthony Hampton (Ocala) 851; 2, Jason Rowles (Orlando) 845; 3 tie, Garnett Ferguson (Broward County) and Dallas Smith Sr. (Jacksonville) 832. [Sarasota-Manatee entrants: tie 9th, Tom Slusser 818; 22nd, Curtis Miccichi 798; 34th, Ronnie Hayes 786.]
- SINGLES SCRATCH: 1, Jeremy Mooney (Palm Beach) 782; 2, Michael Moscato (Space Coast) 767; 3, Tyson Kurth (Ocala) 762. [Sarasota-Manatee entrant: 12th, Ronnie Hayes 730.]
- ALL-EVENTS HANDICAP: 1, Tom Slusser (Bradenton) 2,363; 2, Lauren Bland (Orlando) 2,349; 3, Robert Davis (Greater Citrus) 2,292. [Sarasota-Manatee entrant: tie 22nd, Preston Willis 2,224.]
- ALL-EVENTS SCRATCH: 1, Matthew Gilman (Broward County) 2,210; 2, Michael Moore (Orlando) 2,175; 3, Bobby Walters Jr. (Broward County) 2,154.
[You may subscribe to Bill Herald's Examiner.com bowling articles -- free of charge -- by clicking on "subscribe" near the top of the column, after which you will receive e-mail notification each time a new item is published.]