The spell is at the heart of folk magick. it is simply a ritual in which various tools are purposefully used, the goal is fully stated (in words, pictures or within the mind) and energy is moved to bring about the needed result.
Spells can be as simple as reciting a short chant over a fresh rose while placing it between two pink candles in order to draw love; forming and retaining an image of the needed result in the mind, or placing a quartz crystal in a sunny window for protection purposes.
To perform effective magick three necessities must be present: The need, the emotion and the knowledge.
It has been said that magick was the first religion and that if you lovingly utilize the forces of nature to cause beneficial change, you also become one of them.
It is these powers that have been personified as Goddesses and Gods. Attuning with them is a spiritual experience and is the basic of all true religion.
COMPOSE THE RHYME OR WORDS OF POWER
- Clearly state your need.
- Clearly state all dimensions of your need (enduring love, rather than just love; complete protection, rather than just physical protection; etc.).
- If possible, mention some of the tools that you have decided to use in the spell, in your words of power or magickal rhyme. Indeed, for some spells these words may help you to structure the entire rhyme or chant.
- Use hypnotic words (those beginning with ‘s” or containing a “z”) for psychic-awareness, love, healing spells; Use potent, strong words for protection spells. match the words to the type of ritual you’re composing.
- Don’t expect the words to simply flow from you. Work at it and work with them. Your psychic mind knows what you need.
- “I ask in the name of (Goddess & God or The All) that I, Morgan, be granted (state desire)…I ask that this be correct & for the good of all people. So mote it be. In no way will this spell reverse, or place upon me any curse.”
- “In this night & in this hour, I call upon the Ancient power. O Goddess Bride & Consort Bright, I ask thee now to bring your light.”
- “I have a need that must be met. I ask thee (name of deity) that I obtain the perfect (whatever it is) for (reason).”
- “I ask the Universe to lend the power of all the correct astrological correspondences so they may enter this circle now to obtain my desire.”
- “Therefore, I specifically draw toward myself the (desire) without affecting the free will of all and harming none.”
- “I now proclaim this spell is done. The (desire) is mine! In no way will this spell reverse, or place upon me any curse! As I will, so mote it be!”
- “In this sacred space and time, We call now the Old Ones; the Goddess of the moon, seas and rivers; the God of the rayed sun, of valleys and forests; Draw near us during this, our circle.
Love and light,