(Please read all the way to the bottom.)
Total Cost: $2.50 Serves: 4 Time to make: cook time 15 - 20 min / prep time - 5 minutes
Mix the following together in a bowl & mash it up lightly with a fork.
- $1.00 - 1 can chick peas - drained & rinsed
- $0.05 - 1 tsp minced garlic or 1 fresh clove minced
- $0.05 - 1 tsp sea salt
- $0.25 - ⅓ c tahini
- $1.50 - juice of 2 lemons
- $0.05 - 1 TBS olive oil
Blend together in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- The more you blend the creamier it gets.
- Mine is often grainy because I lack patience to keep blending at it.
- Drizzle water in as needed to get that creamy texture
Total Cost: $2.50
Optional add ins:
- switch a lemon for the lime
- add a wee bit of chopped jalepeno
- fresh tomato chunks, seeded
- with chips
- with celery & carrot sticks
- with pita wedges
- on tomato slices
- on cucumber slices
- as sandwich spread
- as a side dish for any middle eastern or mediterranean meal
Feeling a little musical? Want to dust off the old oboe and have some fun?
Check this out:
The Alexandria Citizens Band is a community organization of volunteer members who bring musical entertainment to Northern Virginia, Alexandria, and the DC Metro area.
- The band was organized in 1912 and is one of the oldest community bands in the country.
- During the summer, the band is featured at the Friday evening concert series at Market Square in Old Town Alexandria.
- Year round we perform at patriotic ceremonies, congregational praise and worship services, arts festivals, retirement communities, neighborhood festivals, and regional band festivals.
The band has smaller ensembles such as the swing band and the clarinet choir. The swing band performs at dances, church fellowships, and school board-sponsored concerts.
Please check our calendar for current events.
If you are interested in booking the Alexandria Citizens Band for your own event or are interested in joining the band, please contact the band at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alexandria Citizens Band
P.O. Box 16861
Alexandria, VA 22302
Swing Band rehearsals are on Friday evenings from 7-8 pm.
Concert band rehearsals are on Friday evenings from 8-10 pm.
Bring a music stand if you have one. Music will be provided.
THANK FOR REMEMBERING TO SUBSCRIBE AND SHARE!